Monday 17 January 2011

what is after this?

With production deadline looming over our heads, it is also the end of my poly life. 4 years in NP, where do I go after this? Well Yes I still got to serve my country for the next 2 years, but where do I go after it? Go straight into industry? Or go to uni? What uni? What course? What country? Where got the money?

If I am going straight into the industry, I really need to build my portfolio in NS. Wait that applies to going to uni too. For industry I should try my luck for the Jedi program at ILM or try my luck at double neg and hope they send me to uk for a year. but what if both i fail to get in? Work for a local production house? Be a freelance ?

If I am going to uni, it is another headache all together. Other than NTU, the other places dun really have the degree I am looking for locally. Wait even NTU's ADM dun have the course... If I manage to get into NTU, I guess I will be applying for photography instead of filming or visual effects.

If i am able to get the money or some form of scholarship ( at least $100k ++) I will try for UK uni. 2 years at NFTS or met film school. Or next is HK or aus uni. Canada and USA are not in my mind at the moment. But maybe I should since the usd is getting way too low comparing to the yen and aus dollar...

Whatever path I am heading to. I will be behind a computer cursing at Maya. Crashing nuke, photoshopping something or worse producing a film that I dun want to do....

No comments: